The Dressmaking Process
- Call us or visit our South Dublin fabric shop to arrange an appointment with our design consultant or one of our dressmakers.
- If you need some advice on the design process, our design consultant will advise on cut and colours and help you choose the fabric to suit your needs. She can provide you with a sketch and samples of fabrics and offer you an approximate price for both fabrics and work.
- If you know exactly what type of garment you need you can meet directly with one of our dressmakers.
- We will take your measurements to give you an estimate of the amount of fabric required and how much it will cost. The fabric and the work are priced separately. At this stage we can give an approx. amount of fittings that may be required.
- Once you have chosen the design and the fabric, we will cut the fabric and request payment for the fabric.
- The dressmaker will take the design and the fabric and a fitting schedule is arranged. Fittings are on Saturdays in our fabric shop in Stepaside.
- Payment for the work carried out is made to the dressmaker on completion of the garment. Payment may be made by credit or debit card, cheque or cash.
- To allow for fittings and adjustments, ideally we like to start the dressmaking process around four months before the garment is required.